1. Is there an enrollment fee?
No. We do not charge a fee for you to enroll your child at Hands On Early Education School, Inc.
2.After the school year begins, will I still be able to enroll my child?
Yes. Hands On Early Education School, Inc. has open enrollment, which means you can register your child anytime throughout the school year.
3. If I enroll more than one child, will I receive a discount?
Yes. Hands On Early Education School, Inc. does offer parents who enroll more than one child a sibling discount. Please contact the office for additional information.
4. What are your hours of operation?
We service families from 6am – 8pm.
5. Can I enroll my child, who has a learning disability?
Yes. You can enroll your child if he/she has a learning disability. Please contact the office for additional information.
6. How old does my child have to be for enrollment into your programs?
We accept children aged 18-months to 13-years in our regular programs. Children 13 years and older may apply for our free mentorship program.
7. Do you accept DSS (Department of Social Services)?
Yes. Hands On Early Education School, Inc. accepts DSS – Nassau County and Suffolk County.
8. What payment methods do you accept?
Hands On Early Education School, Inc. accepts electronic checks, money orders, and credit/debit cards.
9. Do you have a curriculum for children enrolled in your all-day programs?
Yes. Hands On Early Education School, Inc. utilizes a Montessori-style curriculum.
10. Can I send my sick children to the Center?
No. Sick children are never allowed in the Center.
11. Will my child have an opportunity to complete his/her homework?
Yes. Your child has every opportunity to complete his/her homework.
12. Are you open when school is closed?
Yes. Hands On Early Education School, Inc. remains open even when most schools are closed.
13. Will you pick up my child when they have a half-day?
Yes. Hands On Early Education School, Inc. will arrive at your child’s school by dismissal time to pick up your child, even if he/she has an early dismissal.
14. What type of meals do you offer?
We offer nutritious meals and snacks approved by NYS Child & Adult Program.
15. What is included in my monthly tuition?
Your monthly tuition affords your child door-to-door transportation and hot meals for breakfast and lunch. Snack is also included.
16. If the child care center is closed and I have a concern about my child, will someone be available, or would I need to wait until the next business day?
Staff is available to address any questions or concerns parents might have, even after business hours. Someone is available until 9pm.
17. If my work hours change, will I have to make my own arrangements, or can Hands On Early Education School, Inc. accommodate me?
Hands On Early Education School, Inc. will accommodate your new work schedule.
18. If I am running late to pick up my child, will I get charged a late/overtime fee?
No, you will not get charged a late/overtime fee.
19. Can you take my child to school in the morning?
Yes. Hands On Early Education School, Inc. provides door-to-door transportation, which includes morning pickup to be dropped at school, afternoon school pickup, and evening home drops.
20. Do you have fundraisers?
Yes. We have fundraisers to help parents offset child care costs.